Sunday, October 21, 2007

So happy to be married.

I'm sitting here listening to one of my nearest and dearest friends cry over the phone lines because her long-distance boyfriend's psychotic ex-girlfriend got his car taken away from him the day before he was supposed to come see her. Apparently, the car was in the ex-girlfriend's name and it was "supposed to have been taken care of." And what-not. Blowing smoke up her ass or truth? Who knows? But, I do feel sad for my friend. Thank God I'll never have to go through the relationship b.s. like that again.

On the flip-side, another one of my nearest and dearest is going through the beginning stages of a budding relationship. She's got a crush and all signs are pointing to he has a crush on her, too. There's something special about that. And it does make me sad that I'll never experience that again.

But overall, this morning, I woke up to my hubby making me breakfast and babying me because I wasn't feeling so good. He just loved on me and made me laugh so hard that it hurt. And in those moments, I wouldn't trade the newness of a first kiss or all the giddiness of "Oh my God- I think he likes me!" for what I have now.

Later.
Sarah.

No comments: