Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dropping the Ball

I've been dropping the ball on this lonely little blog that only I read.

But hey- I've been dropping the ball on life, too. So, what can I do? I had a bad day Monday, so I kinda let the rest of the week roll along on that. Monday- I only worked 2 hours @ Media Relations because I lost my desk. As I'm not a full-time employee and only a mere intern, it was only a matter of time before a full-time employee got my 1/2 of a shared office. However, it upset me in ways that I'm sure aren't completly rational. Plus, the other workstations were already occupied by other interns who long ago in the semester set up their residency at them.

Then, I had a raging headache most of the day. No fun. However, my sweetie brought me a slice of pumpkin cheesecake (YUM!) and a slice of Godiva Chocolate cheesecake (...eh...ok.) to soothe things over. It really helped. I love him madly. Plus, I made Cajun Chicken Pasta (or...CCP for those in the know.) It's probably my favorite food.

Tuesday- it was my turn to have my story critiqued in class. Needless to say, I was a nervous WRECK all day long. I was so afraid of what my classmates would say to me. Especially since I'm falling towards the end of the line of critiques and my responses to other people's stories haven't always been so friendly. I even probably over-critiqued my best class/work friend's story. (Sorry 'bout that.) I get into critic mode & I just can't take my own medicine! However, it went okay. I had some pretty harsh stuff, but it wasn't anything I hadn't already thought of. And it did lead into a huge discussion of "The Gilmore Girls" & I've never actually sat through an entire episode of it. I always felt that the dialogue was just recited. It was like the actors weren't actually even listening to each other, they were just spitting out their lines. Plus, quite frankly- Alexis Bledel's forehead is frightening. And also, I'm not really buying a show where the mom is hotter than the daughter. I'm just putting it out there.

We had some extra chicken left over from the CCP, and we decided the previous night's CCP was SO delicious that we just HAD to have MORE! So- we drove to WalMart to buy some more alfredo sauce & penne noodles. While there, we were like, "What's better than chicken in pasta? Chicken AND shrimp, of course!" SO- we bought some of that & had a rather tasty CC&SP! And I still have leftovers of that in my fridge. Which I will eat probably tonight.

Wednesday-that being yesterday- was TERRIBLE! My hubby went out of town w/ some friends to a NerdCon. It's the first time we've slept apart since we've gotten married. :-( And we'd only slept apart a few nights before then while I was away at my bridal shower/bachelorette party and then the night before the wedding!! So, like, maybe 5 nights total in our 2 years together & now we're spending 4 nights in a row apart! I don't like it. So, last night, I was so freaked out all night that I was hearing things that I barely slept because I didn't have my hubby there to protect me. This morning, I realized that for the first time EVER, I left my keys in the lock on the door. Someone could've EASILY walked in, all the while my husband was not there to protect me. Thank God no one did walk in. But- it's still unnerving. I keep thinking, "What if someone got my keys & made a copy so they can come in later?" SCARY!

Plus, I have to do NewsWatch on Wednesdays, which I ALWAYS hate. Hate! Hate. Hate!! to do.

Today has been crazy. I had to interview someone at 10:30 and then film some stuff. Because of problems w/ the camera, I didn't get done til about 12. Then, I tried to quickly upload & edit my stuff before my class @ 1, but that didn't happen. So, I didn't make it to class! AGAIN! Seriously- what is WRONG w/ me?!?

And, since I have to be in the editing lab @ 8 in the morning, there's a very low possibility that I'll make it to class tomorrow, too. AND- I have to make up 2 hours of MedRel, too. ACK! Fridays are supposed to be my sleeping in day! GAG!

Later.
Sarah.

No comments: